Friday, January 10, 2014

My New Addiction

During my time away from my blog, I learned about a new group called "Tomato Depot". This is a proboards group that anyone can join and it is all about growing tomatoes! The link to the site is listed on my blog page on the right hand side under favorite sites. I have met some really nice, knowledgeable and generous people through the group. I have received so many new tomato varieties from the members that I now have over 200 varieties. There are many threads(posts) that you can browse through and learn just about anything pertaining to growing tomatoes. Some of the members are involved in cross pollinating tomato varieties and creating new tomato varieties from their successful crosses. It is so interesting to see some of the tomatoes they have created. They gave me the itch to try it myself this year in my garden, I can't wait to see what tomato varieties I create. The whole process takes about 6-7 years till the variety is stabilized. I will do future posts about my tomato cross pollinating adventures. If you are a tomato lover like myself check out the Tomato Depot

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really awesome! Thanks for the tip for the website, I'm going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful forum. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the great comments.... Earl/TomatoDepot :)

      Delete
  2. How Fun....it takes an addict to know one ;) Can't wait to see some of your creations TF!

    ReplyDelete