Thursday, November 20, 2014

Garden Visitors

I love spending time in my garden! Sometimes I just sit on my garden hutch and take in all the beauties of my garden. I love the smell in the air, watching my plants grow, listening to the sounds around me and watching the many visitors I get in my garden. This year I had many animals and insects visit my garden. I plant flowers to attract insects and birds to my garden. I also have bird feeders and bird houses throughout my garden for the birds. This year I had many birds visit my garden, such as chickadees, sparrows, morning doves, house wrens, hummingbirds, barn swallows, nuthatcher, robins, gold finch, cardinals, purple finch and a wood pecker. I had a wood pecker visit my bird feeders every day in the spring, it was beautiful. I had house wrens occupy my one bird house and another was occupied by barn swallows.


House Wren


Barn Swallow


Baby Sparrow in bean teepee
 
Along with birds I had many interesting insects. I had butterflies, grasshoppers, spiders, bees and of course many insects that were not welcome.

Swallowtail Butterfly
Garden Spider
Grasshopper
Thanks for checking out my garden visitors. I look forward to seeing the animals/insects in my garden next year. What interesting visitors do you get in your garden? 


No comments:

Post a Comment