Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Garden is Alive!!!

Spring is here and things are growing in my garden.  I am still working on getting all my raised beds ready, but my spring vegetable crops are growing nicely.  So far I have planted broccoli, cabbage, spinach, carrots, turnips, snow peas, onions and beets.  The garlic, shallots and elephant garlic that I planted in October is growing nicely.  I am very excited that my purple asparagus is also starting to sprout.  This will be my first year that I will be able to harvest the asparagus!  I plan on planting the rest of my spring vegetables this weekend.  I still want to plant swiss chard, asparagus peas, lettuce, pac choi and more carrots.  Along with the spring vegetables, I also have spring flowers coming up all over.  I  noticed last weekend that I may have Barn Swallows occupying one of my bird houses!  They have beautiful metallic blue feathers.  Here are some pictures of my spring veggies and flowers.



 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment