Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Home Garden

In addition to my 2 garden plots at the community garden, I also do some small gardening at home.  I thought I would do a blog about what is growing at my house.  I have 17 tomato plants, 8 are in the ground and the rest are in buckets.  I never grew tomatoes in buckets before, so I thought I would give it a try.  I have seen on the Internet that many people have had success growing tomatoes in containers, so far so good.  I also have potatoes growing in large plastic tubs.  I did this the last two years with my potatoes and they grow fairly well.  I also have a raspberry bush, 2 blueberry bushes, wine berries, Jujube and a Brown Turkey Fig. I also just bought a potted Limequat tree from Walmart.  It is a cross between a Lime and a Kumquat.  It is starting to produce little fruit, but they are too small for a picture.






 Wine berry
 Limequat
 
 Potatoes
 Brown Turkey Fig

 Raspberry Bush
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on at your home garden! Hope you had a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do even more at my house, but that is why I have my plots. Happy 4th to you also!

    ReplyDelete