Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tomato Tuesday

This weeks Tomato Tuesday spotlight is on "Black Zebra". A natural and stabilized cross between Green Zebra and a black tomato by Jeff Dawson. This tomato produces vigorous, indeterminate, regular-leaf tomato plants that produce 4 oz., 1 1/2", juicy, round tomatoes with purple/mahogany-colored skin with green stripes (like brush strokes). Its flavor also carries the rich complexity associated with the best of black tomatoes. This tomato variety matures within 75 days after transplanting. This is my first year growing this variety and I will definitely be growing it again next year. I love black tomatoes and this is a new favorite for me.  It is not only deliscious, but beautiful to look at.

Black Zebra


 
Thank you for checking out this weeks Tomato Tuesday and I hope you return next Tuesday to see which tomato variety I will be spotlighting from my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment