Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tomato Tuesday

This weeks tomato spotlight is on "Jaune Flamme".  This is one of my favorite small tomatoes. It is very tasty and also pretty to look at. The flavor is fruity with a good balance of sweet and tart. It is an extremely prolific tomato variety that produces 1 1/2 inch, round, golf-ball sized tomatoes.  Jaune Flamme is a French heirloom tomato that is persimmon-orange colored inside and out. This tomato is known for being great for sauces, drying or roasting, it retains it's deep orange color. It is an indeterminate that matures within 70-80 days from transplant. This is my third year growing Jaune Flamme and I have never been disappointed. This year my plant is suffering from disease and it is still producing tomatoes like crazy.  I highly recommend this variety if you have never tried it!  I am saving seeds from all my varieties that I am growing this year and plan on doing some seed trading at the end of the season if anyone is interested.





Thanks for checking out my Tomato Tuesday post!  Stop by next week to see which variety I will be spotlighting from this years garden.  Happy Gardening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment