Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tomato Tuesday-Fuzzy Wuzzy

Fuzzy Wuzzy
 
 
This weeks Tomato Tuesday variety is "Fuzzy Wuzzy". This was a fun variety to grow! The plant and tomatoes have a fine fuzz all over them, hence the name. The plants are small enough to grow in a 5 gallon bucket and it didn't require any staking or support. The plants grow to about 2-21/2 feet with fuzzy regular leaves. The plant produced cute little striped tomatoes in abundance. I picked tomatoes from this little plant all summer long up until the first frost in October. The tomatoes have a great flavor, however the skins were a little crunchy. I did not mind the crunchy skin.  This would be a fun variety to grow in a children's garden. If you don't have a lot of growing space, consider this variety for container gardening. I received my seeds in a seed trade, unfortunately I have not seen any vendors online that sell this variety except at Tatiana's Tomatobase. Tatiana's Tomatobase http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Main_Page  has information about this variety and she offers it for sale in her seed catalog.
  
 
 




Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Tomato Tuesday post. Stop by next week to see which variety I will be spotlighting from my 2014 garden.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that...hadn't realized you were keeping up with your blog and that you featured Fuzzy Wuzzy. Glad you enjoyed these. I'm still picking off from my plant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plant was a little power house! Loved it. Is this my TF?

      Delete