Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Toamto Tuesday

Wapsipinicon Peach
 
This is a pale yellow (with tinges of pink) 1 1/2- 2 inch round tomato. The tomato skin is very delicate with a fuzzy texture similar to a peach. It is also known as Yellow Peach or White Peach. The plants are indeterminate with regular wispy leaves and very productive. The tomatoes are very sweet and juicy. This tomato is named after the Wapsipinicon River in Iowa.  Wapsipinicon Peach was originally named White peach and originated in 1890 by Elbert S. Carman. This variety is definitely a novelty and has won many tomato taste tests with its fruit-sweet flavor.  My plants last year were very prolific and the tomatoes were very tasty.  Everyone I shared them with were amazed by its fuzzy skin which is very much like a peach. This was a fun tomato to grow and I will grow it again in the future. There are other tomato varieties that also have fuzzy skin, such as Garden Peach and Peach Blow Sutton. If you would like to try something different in your tomato garden, give Wapsipinicon Peach a try and let me know what you think.
 
 




Thanks for checking out my Tomato Tuesday post. Stop by next week to see which variety I will be spotlighting from my garden.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment